A chicken and bacon quesadilla, just like they serve at Applebees Resteraunt.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon pico de gallo
- add 2 flour tortillas (8" diameter)
- add 2 cooked chicken breasts
- add softened butter (, softened for lightly spreading on tortilla shells)
- add 2 slices lean bacon (sliced into 1/2" pieces)
- add picante sauce or salsa
- add guacamole
- add sour cream
- add 1/4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Slice bacon and fry until bacon starts to turn crisp but not hard and brittle.
- Remove from pan, drain bacon and set aside.
- Spread butter lightly on one side of the flour tortilla shell.
- Place buttered side of shell down, into a non-stick fry pan that has been preheated on medium heat.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of bacon over entire shell, then add 1 tablespoon Pico de gallo, and 1/4 cup shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese over the bacon.
- Add pieces of the cooked chicken.
- Place the second flour shell on top of fixings, buttered side up.
- Cook for about one- two minutes just long enough to heat the inside ingredients and then carefully flip the quesadilla on the other side and finish cooking.
- The quesadilla should be heated through but not browned.
- Remove quesadilla and place on a serving dish and cut into individual triangle serving pieces.
- Serve quesadillas with your favorite guacamole sour cream, and picante sauce.