Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
the flavour of this dish & the ruma will fiil the family gathering to remember. Here is a recipe that every one would want to have & make. it would be a great recipe to make any time & serve later over Basmati rice, tah-deegh Or just eat with bread.
- add 6 skinless chicken breast or thigh.. cut in big chunks
- add or (3/B & 3/ T)
- add 2 cups of red split peas Dahl.
- add (you can find in any grocery store)
- add 1 large onion chopped
- add 1 Elephant Garlic clove chopped
- add curry powder to taste
- add turmeric to taste
- add pepricka to taste
- add lemon juice to taste
- add 3 red bliss potato diced
- add canned diced tomato
- add vegetable oil
- add extra virgin olive oil
- add salt to taste
- add 3 cups of chicken broth or 3 cups of hot water
- add 1/2 cup orange juice or mango or both
- add cilantro for garnish
- 1-wash the Dahl & rinse couple of times
- 2-in a large pot over a med high heat brown the garlic & onion,
- add the chicken chunks..brown on both sides .
- add all the seasoning l to your taste.
- 3-add the Dahl & the potatoes.
- 4-add lemon juice, lime.& orange juice to taste (not to sweet or to tart)
- stir in the diced Tomatoes
- 5-add 3 cups of chicken broth or boil water. mix well .cover the pot & cook over med . heat.
- 6-add salt to taste
- cook for 15 min & stir occasionally.
- let it simmer for another 15 min.
- but make sure that you want to have a good stew & not to watery..
- give it a final taste.. then turn off the stove let it sit for another 10 min. for best result.
- serve over Basmati rice Or just eat it with bread