I originally came across this recipe in a back issue of Chatelaine magazine and it has become a family favourite. It is quick to prepare and makes a nice lunch or light supper served with your favourite bread or rolls.
- add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add 4 cups torn lettuce
- add 1 minced shallot
- add 1 grated carrot
- add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- add 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- add 1/2 cup sliced celery
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- add 2 teaspoons liquid honey (optional)
- Whisk together the first 7 ingredients to make a vinaigrette.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Toss vegetable mixture with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.