Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
My girlfriend loves marsala and mushrooms - so what can I say, I deliver... Here's a great recipe!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add *The Chicken*
- add 2 boneless chicken breasts
- add 8 oz. of mushrooms
- add ~The Glaze~
- add 1/2 cup dry marsala
- add 1/2 cup beef broth
- add 2 oz. prosciutto, chopped
- add 2 leaves of chopped sage
- add 2 tablespoons of butter
- add *The Pasta*
- add 8 oz. dry pappardelle or penne
- add 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- add 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- add 1 tablespoon of butter
- *The Chicken*
- Slice chicken breasts in half length-wise. Pound each piece with a meat mallet until 1/4" thick; season with salt and pepper. Saute breasts until browned on both sides w/ some olive oil. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook mushrooms in same pan over high until they brown adding more oil when necessary.
- Deglaze with marsala, scrape up the browned bits, then add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes (if its not thickening add in some flour.. I've had to do that once - eeek ;-)
- Turn off the heat and mix in the sage, prosciutto and butter.
- Spoon the Sauce over the breasts!
- *The Pasta*
- Cook pasta and drain. Then mix in Spinach, Parmesan and butter (a bit of oil and heat help too). Season w/ Salt & Pepper and a little more Parmasean never hurts ;-)