If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- add 4 to 8 garlic cloves (to taste), minced
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 cup cooked green peas
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- add 4 russet (baking) potatoes
- add About 2 cups olive oil
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup dry white wine
- add 1 (2 1/2- to 3-lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Fry chicken:
- Whisk together flour, pepper, salt, and dried herbs. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in an ovenproof 10-inch heavy skillet (preferably seasoned cast iron) until a deep-fat thermometer registers 360°F, then fry chicken in 2 batches, turning, until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer chicken as fried with tongs to paper towels to drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry potatoes:
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into eighths while chicken is cooking.
- Return oil to 360°F and cook potatoes in 3 batches, turning, until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes as cooked with tongs to paper towels to drain, then season with salt and pepper. Cool oil in skillet 15 minutes.
- Bake chicken and potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour off all but 1/4 inch oil from skillet, then carefully add wine down side. Stir in garlic and return chicken and potatoes to skillet, alternating them and crowding as necessary. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender and chicken is tender and somewhat crisp, about 25 minutes.
- Serve chicken and potatoes with pan juices and scatter with warm peas and parsley.