One-dish, low-fat, tasty and gourmet...does it get any better than that?! So elegant that your guests will never guess it was this easy! Originally from "The Lighter Side of Italy."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon oregano
- add 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 lb)
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- add 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved (NOT marinated!!)
- add 1 lemon
- add 1/4 cup white wine
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- add 3/4 cup onions
- add 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peeled & chopped tomatoes (incl. juice)
- add 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray shallow 2-quart casserole or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients in order given; mix gently.
- Cover and bake 40 min, or until chicken breasts are tender to fork.
- For thicker sauce, remove cover for the last 15 min of cook time.
- May be made earlier in the day and stored in refrigerator until time to cook; also freezes for up to 6 wks.