This is a variation of a cuban dish. The balsamic vinegar gives it an exceptional flavor!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large onion
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- add salt & pepper
- add 4-5 cloves garlic
- add 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- add 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimientos
- add 3 cups chicken broth
- add 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- add 2 teaspoons oregano
- add 1 1/2 cups white rice
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add red pepper flakes.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Increase heat, add chicken, stirring until cooked.
- Lower heat to medium, add 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, and simmer 1 minute.
- Add black beans, pimentos, remaining spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Blend and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, reseasoning if needed.
- While beans are simmering, bring broth to boil in a pan, add rice.
- Lower heat to simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes until rice is fluffy.
- Serve bean mixture over rice.