I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. It was good as is, but I had to make a couple changes for it to work for me. Came out a little runny, so may need some additional adjustment. Good served with sour cream.
- add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- add 2 whole green onions
- add 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 2 cups milk (I use skim)
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- add 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Split chile peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and veins.
- Spread chiles in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese, green onions, and half of the mozzarella cheese over chiles.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, flour, salt and black pepper together until smooth.
- Pour over chiles and cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in custard comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix salsa with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle over casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.