I love these sandwiches! I use sliced Vienna bread as I think it holds up better. You can also sprinkle some chili powder into the milk/egg mixture. Great served with some salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side.
- add 3 slices monterey jack cheese
- add 1 cup milk
- add 2 eggs
- add 2-4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 6 slices bread
- Mash chilies with a fork and spread on 3 slices of bread.
- Top with cheese and remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk; dip the sandwiches in milk mixture.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted adding additional butter if necessary.