I do love these! Great as a side dish for a Mexican Fiesta or Sunday Football!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 eggs
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add vegetable oil
- add 1 cup salsa
- add 1 lb chorizo sausage
- add 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- add 6 large poblano chiles
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you can find it)
- add 1 small onion
- add 1/2 cup flour
- In a large fry pan combine first 6 ingredients and cook until chorizo is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut chilies open lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Fill chilies equally and roll in flour.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Whip the whites to medium peaks and fold in yolks.
- Dip the chilies into the batter-holding the stems and gently slide into the hot oil-cook 3 at a time-turning so that they are golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with fresh salsa.