If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- add 1 15-ounce can cream of coconut (such as Coco López)*
- add 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- add 35 vanilla wafer cookies (about 5 ounces)
- add <B>For crust</B>
- add 1/3 cup dry-roasted macadamia nuts (about 2 ounces)
- add 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- add 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- add 2 teaspoons grated lime peel 3 tablespoons cold water
- add Additional powdered sugar*Available in the liquor department of most supermarkets.
- add 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted<B>For filling</B>
- add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar 1 lime, thinly sliced into rounds
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely grind cookies and nuts in processor. Transfer to medium bowl. Mix in coconut. Add butter and stir until blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter metal or glass pie dish. Cover and freeze 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Keep frozen.) Bake until crust is golden, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Make filling: Whisk first 4 ingredients in 4-cup measuring cup or large bowl to blend.
- Pour 3 tablespoons cold water into small metal bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until gelatin softens, about 10 minutes. Set bowl in small saucepan of barely simmering water; whisk until gelatin dissolves, about 1 minute. Whisk into coconut mixture. Pour into crust (filling will reach top of crust). Chill until set, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Beat cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe around edge of pie. Dip lime rounds into additional powdered sugar. Garnish pie with lime.