There are various method for preparing Chilli Chicken. I also have tried some of them, but this is most liked by me & my family.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 kg boneless chicken
- add 10 teaspoons soya sauce
- add 20 cloves chinese garlic (sliced)
- add 100 g refined oil
- add 15 teaspoons white vinegar
- add 5 teaspoons tomato sauce
- add 100-150 g cornflour
- add 20 green chilies (slitted vertically)
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 5 teaspoons chili sauce
- add salt (if needed at all)
- Soak the boneless chicken pieces in white vinegar for at least four hours.
- make a smooth batter using the cornflour& water.
- take the soaked chicken pieces out of the vinegar, dip them in cornflour batter and fry them till golden brown.
- in a non-stick pan/ kadai, heat 1/ 2 teaspoons refined oil.
- add the sugar, when caramelised, add the sliced garlic.
- add the fried chicken pieces.
- add all the sauces (soya, chilli, tomato) one by one.
- cook the whole thing for 5- 10 minutes.
- add the slitted green chillies over the preparation.
- after tasting, you can add salt, if necessary, because soya sauce is salty enough.
- enjoy the preparation along with your family.