This mild chili tastes great, has a nice thick texture, and practically cooks itself - What's not to love? The easy-to-prepare recipe came from the label of a ketchup bottle ;)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup ketchup
- add 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 lbs lean ground beef
- add 2 medium onions
- add 2 tablespoons chili powder
- add 1 green bell pepper
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- In a large skillet, saute onions and bell pepper in vegetable oil for 1-2 minutes; add ground beef and cook until browned; drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, and pepper; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and continue simmering for 15 minutes longer.