This recipe is from a southwestern cookbook sent me by Nurslinda. It is easy and delicious. Serve with a green salad and refried beans and/or Spanish rice. Oranges make a good dessert.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 8 flour tortillas, warmed (10-inch)
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 onion
- add 1 egg
- add salsa (optional)
- add sour cream (optional)
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- add 1 tomato
- add 2 tablespoons margarine
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef and onion.Drain excess grease.
- Add red wine vinegar, red chiles, cinnamon, cloves, green chiles, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Brush the edges of the tortillas with the beaten egg to seal.
- Fold the tortillas over the meat mixture to make a square bundle.
- Brush each chimichanga with melted margarine.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet with seam side down.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned and heated through.
- Top with salsa and sour cream (optional).