This recipie is from a southwestern cookbook sent me by Nurslinda. Easy and delicious. Serve with a green salad and refried beans and/or Spanish rice. Oranges make a good dessert.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- add salsa (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon ground red chilies
- add 8 flour tortillas, warmed (10-inch)
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 onion
- add 1 egg
- add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- add 2 tablespoons margarine
- add 1 tomato
- add sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion.Drain excess grease.
- Add red winr vinegar, red chilis, cinnamon, cloves, green chilis,and tomatos.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncivered 15 ninutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture in center of each tortilla.
- Brush the edges of the tortillas with the beaten egg to seal.
- Fold the tortillas over the meat mixture to make a square bundle.
- Brush each chimichanga with melted margerine.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheetwith seam side dowm.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned and heated through.
- Top with salsa and sour cream (optional).