From Mom -- her famous recipe 'her way.'
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 dash pepper
- add 6-8 burrito-size flour tortillas (~10 inch diam.)
- add 1/2 cup chile salsa (La Victoria)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 lb ground beef
- add 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- add 3/4 cup refried beans
- add 1/2 medium bell pepper
- Saute onion & bell pepper in 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, and chile powder, stir.
- Add beans, cheese, and salsa, mix well.
- Wrap 1/3 to 1/2 cup filling mixture in a warmed tortilla.Place 1/3 of the way from the top, fold top over filling, fold both sides to the middle and roll toward the bottom of the tortilla.
- Seal with beaten egg white.
- Fry in 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil at 350-375.Flip once.
- Serve with toppings such as lettuce, tomato, sour cream, shredded cheese or cheese sauce, pico de gallo, salsa, etc.