If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 20-22 six-inch bamboo skewers
- add 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- add 1/2 cup plum sauce or Chinese duck sauce
- add 3/4-1 lb thinly sliced bacon
- add 2 tablespoons hot water
- add 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- add 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops
- LIGHTLY RINSE THE SCALLOPS and drain thoroughly.Slice any very thick ones in half horizontally.
- Heat a broiler or prepare a medium hot fire for grilling.
- Combine the Plum Sauce ingredients and blend well.Cut the strips of bacon in half.Place the scallops in a bowl, ad half the sauce, and toss lightly to coat.Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop and thread onto the bamboo skewers.If broiling the scallops, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the skewered scallops on top.Place the scallops about 3 inches from the heat source and broil or grill, basting with the remaining sauce, for about 8 to 9 minutes on each side, or until the bacon is cooked.Serve hot.