I have not put a recipe for the filling but there are many recipes here on recipezaar. Check out Bergie's Dim Sum recipes and many others
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup cornstarch
- add 1 egg
- add 1 1/4 cups flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 cup lukewarm water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, blend for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides, blend for a few seconds more until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To Cook-----------------.
- A- Use upside down crepe pan& follow instructions or B- Use a non stick skillet, you do not need oil or additional fat on the pan.
- Pour a little batter in the pan, tilt the pan and turn the pan to spread an even thin layer of batter on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for a minute or two (these wraps will not be brown when they are cooked but will brown when you fill and fry them later).
- Flip the wrap and cook second side for a few seconds.
- When freshly cooked these are very easy to fill and fold, I recommend to have your filling ready and fill each one as it comes off the pan.
- Filling suggestion available under Chinese recipes here on Zaar.
- You may now continue to fry the egg rolls or wrap them in plastic wrap& foil and freeze them for future use.