Delicious egg rolls! I love mine with Jalapeno Pepper Jelly!!! You can use 1/2 pound of meat for more vegie taste, or a full pound for meatier eggrolls.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup soy sauce
- add 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- add 4 green onions
- add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add oil (for frying)
- add 12 egg roll wraps
- add 1/2-1 lb ground pork (or chicken or beef)
- add 1 teaspoon water
- Brown pork with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
- Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
- In large bowl combine cabbage mix and green onions.
- Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly.
- Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of eggroll wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350º).
- Fry a few eggrolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plulm sauce, hoisin sauce or jalapeno pepper jelly.