Great pepper steak recipe with simple ingredients. My dad loves this...says it is better than any he has ever had in restaurants. Good served with egg rolls on the side.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup water
- add 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- add 1/2 cup diced celery
- add hot cooked rice
- add 1 medium green pepper
- add 3/4 cup chopped onions
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck
- add 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut meat across grain into 1/2-inch thick slices, then slice again in lengthwise pieces.
- Brown meat in oil in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and 1 cup water to browned meat.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper strips, onions, and celery.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water and stir until smooth.
- Stir into meat mixture with remaining ingredients, except rice.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice.