I really learned to appreciate Chipotles in adobo sauce during the ZWTII. I found this recipe in Bon Appetite Oct. 2006. It's a great take on your typical deviled eggs. Here's a "grate" trick I learned for grating the egg yolks...get a fine mesh sieve (not the very very finest, but a "regular" fine), put the yolks in the sieve and push through the sieve with a spatula. As the yolk pushes through, scrape the bottom of the sieve...continue until all the yolk is pushed through. Gently stir in rest of ingredients. It really made a difference! Enjoy!
- add 12 large eggs
- add 24 cilantro leaves
- add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- add 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- add 2 teaspoons canned chipotle chiles, finely chopped (can add up to 3 teaspoons)
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Spoon yolks into small bowl; arrange whites on platter.
- Finely grate yolks on small holes of box grater into medium bowl.
- Mix in mayonnaise, then 2 teaspoon chipotle chiles.
- Add more chopped chiles, if desired, for more heat.
- Season filling to taste with salt, if desired.
- Using pastry bag fitted with 1/2 inch diameter star tip, pipe filling into egg whites.
- Cover and chill eggs at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Press 1 cilantro leaf into filling in each egg and serve.