If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- add 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust made from <a href ="/recipes/recipe_views/views/104358">Basic Pie Pastry</a>
- add 1 cup light corn syrup
- add 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla<br>2 cups broken walnutsGarnish (optional)
- add 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted and allowed to cool
- add Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a heavy pot on low heat. Pour it evenly into the unbaked pie shell.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla well. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the chocolate-lined pie shell and bake until the filling is set, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove to a rack and let cool.
- The pie may be made ahead several days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Serve with whipped cream if desired.