An old-fashioned recipe from way back. A cake-like brownie will surface on the top, and a rich, warm chocolate pudding will be on the bottom of the pan...a wonderful chocolate treat, served with icecream.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 3 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- add 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- add 3/4 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- add 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- add 1 cup brown sugar
- add 2 2/3 cups hot water
- add 1 1/2 cups flour
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add in cream, oil, vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 6 tablespoons cocoa and hot water.
- Pour over the batter in the pan (do not mix).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve in single dessert bowls topped with ice cream.