Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"Chocolate cupcakes are the ultimate party food. Make some for your next party!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- add 1 cup milk
- add 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.