This cookie is for the chocolate lover! The recipe came from a magazine from 1991 called "Favorite Recipes - Nestle Bakes the Very Best".
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups quick oats or old fashioned oats
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- add 1 cup butter
- add 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- add 1/2 cup nestle cocoa
- add 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Let stand on cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack.