Pile all of your favorite memories into one bowl and you have the recipe for this cookie. Chocolate, peanuts and creamy peanut butter, topped with more of the same. These cookies will keep for several days at room temperature if stored in a tightly sealed plastic container. They will also keep for more than a week covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. They may also be frozen.
- add 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- add 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- add 1 large egg
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 1/4 cup icing sugar
- add 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- add 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- add 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- add 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- add 1 1/4 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- Toast the peanuts in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.Cool to room temperature before finely chopping in a food processor fitted with a metal blade (about 20 seconds) or by hand with a cook's knife.
- Melt the 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler, stirring with a rubber spatula until smooth.Set aside.
- Place 1 cup peanut butter, sugar and butter in a bowl and beat together until soft (about 2 minutes).Beat in egg and vanilla and continue to beat for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and chopped peanuts.Stir in the flour and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.With both palms, roll each into 12 inch long X 1 1/2 inch in diameter cylinder on a clean, dry cutting board.Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and chill for 3 to 4 hours until very firm to the touch.
- Remove from the fridge and discard the plastic wrap.cut each cylinder of dough into 24 individual 1/2 inch thick slices.Divide the slices onto 4 nonstick baking sheets, evenly spacing.Place the sheets on the top and center racks of a preheated oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets from top to center halfway through baking time and also rotating them 180 degrees.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool to room temp on the cookie sheets, about 30 minutes.
- for the topping place the 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and the icing sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until fluffy.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of creamy topping in the center of ech cookie.Use a small spatula or knife to spread the topping evenly over the top of each cookie.
- Melt the remaining semisweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler.Using a teaspoon, drizzle thin lines of melted chocolate over the top of each cookie.