If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups water
- add 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- add 1 qt whole milk
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add Accompaniments: warm milk; sugar (preferably turbinado); ground cinnamon
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 1/2 cups short-grain white rice such as Arborio
- add 1 (2-inch) piece cinnamon stick
- Bring rice, water, cinnamon stick, and salt to a simmer in a 4- to 5-quart
- heavy pot, then reduce heat to low and gently simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk with sugar and cream and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rice has absorbed most of milk but is still creamy, about 10 minutes. Add 1 cup milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in remaining cup milk and simmer, stirring constantly, until rice is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover, then let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm.