easy cookie, filled with fruit and nuts.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- add 2 cups pitted dates
- add 2 beaten eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 cups candied cherries
- add 1 cup blanched almonds
- add 2 cups diced candied pineapple
- add 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup shortening
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- add 1 cup toasted pecans
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 cup brazil nuts
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- Cream butter, shortening, brown sugar and vanilla all together.
- Add beaten eggs, until fluffy.
- Sift two cups flour with the salt and spices.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water.
- Add soda to creamed mixture alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Toss the fruit with the last 1/2 cup of remaining flour.
- Work this into the dough by hand.
- Drop from a teaspoon 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 325 degrees F.
- for ABOUT 15 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack.