Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 package puff pastry dough
- add 1 egg
- add plum filling:
- add 100 ml pitted prunes
- add 100 ml water
- add 50 ml sugar
- add (cinnamon)
- add (vanilla sugar or vanilla extract)
- Start by first preparing the filling(s). You can do this a good time in advance. Place the thoroughly rinsed prunes in a small saucepan. Pour over the sugar and water. Prick the fruit with a fork or a toothpick.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat. Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer gently, until the fruit have thoroughly softened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir every now and then to prevent the mixture from sticking or burning to the pan.
- Puree the mixture with a hand blender ? be careful not to burn yourself, the hot mixture may splash. If you like an even smoother puree, push it through a fine sieve.
- Cut puff pastry dough into 4 inch squares. Then make a diagonal cut in each of the four corners going about half from the corner to about half way to the center.
- Place a spoonful of your plum filling into the center. Fold every second tip of the slit corners towards the center to form a pinwheel-shape and press tips together firmly.
- Brush the pastries with the beaten egg and bake at 425F for 10 mins or until golden brown.