I chose these cookies for a cookie exchange I was in this past Christmas. **They were a huge hit** I had a few recipes for them, but I hadn't ever used them & I was afraid that they wouldn't live up to what I remembered as a child. Mostly because most of the Mexican wedding Cookies I have tasted from others were too salty. So I figured out the ingredients / measurements that worked best for me.
- add 2 1/2 cups flour
- add 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- add 1 cup butter
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla
- add 1 1/2 cups pecans (Finely chopped)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with a fork.Add 2tsp. Vanilla flavoring and 1 ½ Cup Pecans. Fold in 2 ½ cups flour with fork till evenly mixed. Dough will be crumbly. Mold into small balls no bigger than the size of a walnut. Roll through powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Once cookies are cooled, take off cookie sheets and roll in powdered sugar, or shake a few times in a sack of powdered sugar. Store in cool, dry place.
- YEILD:Makes approximately 3 dozen (Depending on the size of your balls).