Chuncky Apple Sauce
Servs: 6 Makes: 2 cups Prep: Cook:
what is a good waffle or pancake with out a home made apple sauce??? None here is a recipe that you can mix or top your waffle or pancake & enjoy any time!! this is something that every one is looking forward to have..
- add 6 medium apples (Any kind of apple)cleaned .cored & diced with skin
- add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- add 1/4 cup water or apple juice
- add 1/4 cup brown sugar & honey mix
- add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- add 1 tsp cinnamon more or less to your taste.
- add 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- Peel and core apples. Cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Place apples in a large saucepan or medium Dutch oven. Add lemon juice, water, sugar and vanilla (and cinnamon if using). Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, then on low for another 10 minutes, or until apples are soft. Mash lightly with a spoon...place in a jar .cover& refrigerate.makes about 2 cup..
- Also if you have an electric rice cooker ..place all ingredients in the pot and let it cook.
- Occasionally stir.. . the rice cooker.
- will automatically turn off.