I thought this was pretty good until I brought it to a family gathering and my brother and sister stood over it and ate it all, they thought it was great. I'm asked to bring it to all family gatherings. My brother grows the most beautiful organic tomatoes, so I use his whenever I can. During the winter I use canned petite diced tomatoes. I leave the skin on my tomatoes and keep the seeds in. I hand chop everything.
- add 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- add 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped ripe tomatoes (about two large tomatoes)
- add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cumin
- add 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 3/4 cup chopped onions
- add 1/2 lime
- add 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos
- add 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients and gently stir well.
- Refrigerate to give flavors time to mix, I usually refrigerate for about an hour.
- We eat with tortilla chips, but the possibilities are endless.