Church's famous fried chicken !
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup cornstarch
- add 1 envelope onion soup mix
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 cup corn oil
- add 1/2 cup biscuit mix
- add 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- add 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/4 cup cold water
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 teaspoons paprika
- add 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-cup container.
- Mix to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 3 months.
- TO USE-Dip the chicken pieces in egg mixture and then into dry coating mix and back into egg to coat the pieces evenly but lightly and finally back into dry mix.
- Have oil piping hot in heavy skillet.
- Brown pieces skin-side down for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Use medium high heat.
- Turn and brown underside of pieces a few minutes.
- Transfer to an oiled or sprayed 9x12x2 pan.
- Cover pan in foil, sealing it on only 3 side of pan.
- Bake 350~ for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake another 5 minutes just to crisp the coating.