These were the $400 winner for the BH&G magazine's "Looks-Like-You-Fussed" category for Nov. 2006.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 5 cherry tomatoes
- add mint sprigs (optional)
- add 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- add 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- add 2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro
- add 3/4 cup chopped cucumbers
- add 1 tablespoon lime juice
- add 1-2 tablespoon water
- add baguette (cut in 20 1/4-inch-thick slices)
- add 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- To toast bread slices: Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil (3 to 4 tablespoons total). Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 or 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn over bread slices. Broil 1 to 2 minutes more or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a food processor combine cilantro, mint, pepper, lime juice, sugar, and ginger. Cover, process until nearly smooth. Add peanuts; cover and process until combined. Add water until spreading consistency.
- Spread one side of each toasted baguette slice with some of the mixture. Top with the cucumber, tomato, and mint.