cilantro ceaser chicken salad sandwiches with sweet potatoe chips
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2-3 c. Peanut Oil
- 4-5 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 c. finely shredded Imported Provolone Cheeded
- 8 sesame seed topped dinner rolls
- 8-10 oz. Girard's Ceaser Salad Dressing
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 2 Medium Green Peppers
- 3-4 Celery Stalks
- 1 1/2 c. Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 4 - 6 tbs. Butter
- 4 Large Limes
- 3 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 3 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 tsp. Onion Powder
- 4 Chicken Breasts - Boneless, skinless & trimmed of fat.
- Slice chicken in half to make a thinner breast. Marinade in onion & garlic powder, ground cumin, juice of 3 1/2 freshly squeezed limes, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Marinade at least for a half of an hour, overnight better.
Saute chicken to a dark golden brown. Adding butter when needed. Cool then chop into small pieces, place into bowl. Finely chop green pepper, red onion, celery and 1 c. cilantro leaves. Add to chicken.
In a blender mix 8-10 oz. of salad dressing with 1/2 c. of cilantro leaves. Blend and pour over chicken and vegitables. Mix well so that all is covered with the dressing. Squeeze 1/2 of lime over salad, add salt and pepper to taste and mix again. Let stand for as long as possible to blend flavors.
Cut dinner rolls in half and fill generously with chicken salad mixture. Top salad with finely grated imported provolone cheese.
Chips - Slice sweet potatoes thinly and length wise. Fry in peanut oil, cook until crispy and golden. Drain chips from oil on paper towel then sprinkle with sugar and salt.
Serve Whimpy style sandwiches with the big chips.
Serves 8 -
Location: Herndon, VA