Shrimp cocktail with a spicy twist! This is really easy to prepare ahead of time and have ready to put on the table when guests arrive. I found this in Southern Living, May 2005.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 cups water
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 4 plum tomatoes
- add lime-flavored tortilla chips
- add 1 large avocado
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 jalapeno pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add lime slices
- add 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- add 2 teaspoons sugar
- add 30 large fresh shrimp
- add 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- add 1/2 red onion
- add 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Process first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.Cover and chill sauce for up to a week.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.Drain and rinse with cold water.Chill up to 24 hours.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Stir avocado into sauce; spoon sauce evenly into 6 chilled martini glasses or small bowls.Arrange 5 shrimp around the edge of each glass, with the fat part in the glass and the tails hanging down the sides of the glass; garnish, if desired, with lime slices.Serve with lime-flavored tortilla chips.