Servs: 24 Prep: Cook:
"I serve these yummy frosted rolls warm from the oven as a Christmas morning treat at our house. Even if you are not accustomed to working with yeast dough, you'll find this dough is easy to handle. -Julie Sterchi, Harrisburg, Illinois"
- add 1/4 cup butter, melted
- add 2 1/2 cups warm water (120 to 130 degrees F/50 degrees C)
- add 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- add 2 tablespoons milk
- add FROSTING:
- add 2 (.25 ounce) packages quick-rise yeast
- add 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 5 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- In a mixing bowl, combine 4 cups flour, dry cake mix, yeast and warm water until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes. For frosting, in a mixing bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm rolls.