Servs: 4 Prep:
Just a recipe I thought up...
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 dozen mahogany or 2 dozen manilla clams, steamed open and cooled, and removed from shell. Discard 1/2 of the shell
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- add 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- add 1 clove garlic, minced
- add Juice of 1/2 lemon
- add 1/4 cup white wine
- add 1 1/4 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs
- add 2 oz. pancetta, or bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- add 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- add 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- add S&P to taste
- In medium frying pan saute' all vegetables in butter until tender
- Add rest of ingredients, and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Put a clam in each shell half and place mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a nice salad and bread.