I believe I got this recipe in one of my "Tast of Home" cooking magazines. It is a really good recipe for cabbage rolls.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 lb ground beef
- add 1 medium onion (chopped)
- add 1 head cabbage (cored)
- add 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1 cup rice (cooked)
- add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 1/4 cup catsup
- add 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- add 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- add 1/4 lb Italian sausage
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- add 1/2 cup V-8 juice
- In a Dutch oven, boil cabbage for 10 minutes or until leaves are tender; drain.
- Rinse in cold water; drain.
- Remove 8 large outer leaves, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute 1 cup of the chopped onion in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes,V8 juice, garlic, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp.
- of the salt.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine rice, catsup, worcestershire sauce, pepper and remaining onion and salt.
- Add beef and sausage; mix well.
- Place about 1/2 cup meat mixture on each leaf; fold in sides.
- Starting at an unfolded edge, roll up each leaf to completely enclose filling.
- Place seam side down in a skillet.
- Top with the sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes longer or until rolls are heated through and meat is no longer pink.