Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"Tex Mex fajitas were first made with skirt steak and eaten by ranch hands. Fajitas now include steak, chicken, shrimp, fish, and even vegetables as fillings. McCormick® Fajita Seasoning brings together a classic blend of peppers and a hint of lime that adds savory Southwestern flavor to the fajita filling of your choice"
- add 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak or boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- add 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- add 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Oregano Leaves
- add 1 medium onion, cut in thin strips
- add 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- add 1 bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- add Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream
- add 5 teaspoons McCormick® Fajita Seasoning, divided
- Combine 4 teaspoons fajita seasoning with oregano, oil and vinegar in a bowl or self-closing plastic bag. Add beef or chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lift meat strips from marinade and place in heated skillet. Saute over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning over meat strips. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes longer or until meat is done and vegetables tender.
- Place some mixture in center of warm tortillas. Garnish, if desired. Fold over sides of tortilla. Serve with black beans and rice or corn and black bean salsa.