There are lots of cola/meat recipes on this site, this one is a little different. I found this in a crockpot cookbook that my folks gave me for Christmas. I tweeked it a bit, but still... great stuff!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3-4 lbs roast (I used boneless pork shoulder tonight)
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 cup Coca-Cola Classic (Caffine-Free will do in a pinch, but Diet is horrible!)
- add 1 package onion soup mix
- Rub the roast with salt and pepper then place it in the crockpot.
- Add soup mix and coke.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4.
- Before serving dump liquid from crockpot into a pot.
- Skim fat.
- To the remaining juices add salt and pepper to taste and a dash of Kitchen Bouquet.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove a cup of the liquid and add corn starch to thicken.
- Add corn starch mixture to the rest of the juices.
- Cook until it reaches desired consistancy.
- WONDERFUL GRAVY!