I found this little gem in a 1978 cookbook called "Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- add 4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 cup grated coconut
- add 1 tablespoon melted butter
- add 1 egg
- add 3/4 cup milk
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 3/4 cup water
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- whisk the egg with the milk and water then add the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Prepare on a hot griddle as you would pancakes.
- Serve with syrup, honey or sprinkle with powdered sugar.