Cod is one of my favorite fish, and we get such wonderful, fresh and inexpensive cod here in Rhode Island. I think the touch of lemon zest in the crust adds a nice lemony flavor mixed in with the breadcrumbs.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lemon
- add 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- add 1 1/2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs (or plain if you prefer)
- add olive oil
- add 2-3 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (or mix ? parsley with ? of another fresh herb of your choice)
- add salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Pile parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and a little salt on the cutting board.
- Finely chop the parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and a little salt, then add mixture to the plain bread crumbs.
- Brush the top of each fillet with olive oil and dip in to the bread crumb herb mixture.
- You can be a little generous here with the crumbs.
- Brush a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of a baking pan then place fillet in the pan, crust side up.
- Roast fillets in oven, about 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch.