These terrific dark chocolate cupcakes, based on a vintage chocolate cake recipe, are perfect for any occasion. No creaming. Easily made by hand. Can be doubled and tripled with perfect results.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup strong coffee or cola
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- add 2 eggs
- add 3/4 cup cocoa
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup oil
- add 2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 2 cups white sugar or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two twelve cup muffin tins with cupcake lines.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together flour, white or brown sugar, cocoa, soda, powder, and salt.
- Stir in all wet ingredients- vanilla, eggs, oil, and coffee or cola, and buttermilk, to dry mixture, using a large wire whisk, or beat on electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Batter will be thin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- (Cupcakes should be slightly puffed up in centre and spring back when touched).
- Freeze frosted or unfrosted.
- Makes 18 to 24 (medium).
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.