Even the most basic Tuna Macaroni Salad can be heavenly...It really isn't necessary to add peas or shredded cheese to it...And for pity's sake, please don't use Miracle Whip or generic salad dressing...You'll miss the recipe's real impact...Use the mayonnaise...You won't regret it!
- add 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- add 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- add 1/4 cup green bell peppers
- add 2/3 cup yellow onions
- add 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni
- add 1/2 cup celery
- Ina large bowl, combine the mayo, lemon juice, salt and tabasco sauce; blend well.
- Add macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and green pepper; mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 hours; toss the salad before serving.
- Suggestions: Use a different pasta, such as rotini or shells; use canned chicken for a chicken salad instead.
- NOTE: prep time covers the chopping of veggies and cooking of pasta only; cooking time covers the assembly of the salad and chilling.