I first had these at a little lunch counter in the building that I worked in. They were very popular and my absolute favorite! The woman who owned the lunch counter also had a catering company and when I went to work for her during the holidays I asked for the recipe and she gave it to me! :) Now I can have them anytime and they are great to keep in the fridge for a quick something or to take to a barbecue or potluck. I promise they will be well recieved!
- add 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- add 2-3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- add 3 tablespoons warm water
- add 1/3 cup carrots, grated into matchstick pieces,you can buy these pre-grated at the salad bar in the grocery store (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- add 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- add 1 lb linguine or spaghetti
- add 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- add 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- add 1 teaspoon ground fresh ginger
- While pasta is cooking, pulse all of the ingredients in a food processor just until well incorporated (do not over blend).
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, and mix with sauce.
- Then add carrots and toss (I never leave the carrots out).
- Chill for a few hours before serving.
- They are best cold!
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds just before serving.