This is an adaptation of an Australian Women's Weekly recipe to suit what I had on hand and personal taste.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- add 12 medium prawns, uncooked (or shrimp)
- add 1 cup bean sprouts
- add 1 medium brown onion
- add 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- add 1 tablespoon cornflour
- add 1 medium carrot
- add 1/2 cup button mushrooms
- add 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- add 1/2 cup chicken stock
- add 2 bok choy
- add 1 medium red capsicum, sliced thinly (bell pepper)
- add 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- add 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- add 100 g pork
- add 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- add 3 green onions
- add 250 g chicken breasts
- add 2 medium celery ribs
- Place diced pork, five spice, hoisin sauce and soy into a bowl, mix and let marinate a few hours covered in fridge.
- Heat one tablespoon of peanut oil in wok and stir-fry prawns a few minutes until just starting to change color. Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Add diced chicken and marinated pork to wok and str-fry until cooked. Remove and keep covered along with prawns.
- Heat other tablespoon of peanut oil in wok and stir-fry carrot and brown onion until soft.
- Add celery, capsicum and mushroom and stir-fry until vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- Combine chicken stock, cornflour, light soy sauce and oyster sauce in small bowl and mix well.
- Return prawn / chicken / pork mixture to wok and add bok choy, bean sprouts, green onion and blended sauce mix.
- Stir-fry until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve over rice optionally with chow mein noodles over the top.