This is the only way I'll do pot roast, and I've tried many over the years. Talk about the perfect comfort food! I usually make mashed potatoes, dumplings or egg noodles to go with this and smother all in the delicious gravy.
- add 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- add 3-5 lbs chuck roast
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1-2 lb carrots, peeled (if thin, leave whole; if chunky, cut in half)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 teaspoon onion powder (from soup envelope)
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put 2 tablespoons water in bottom of crockpot.
- Place carrots in crockpot.
- Combine paprika, onion soup powder, garlc powder and pepper (making a dry rub).
- Rub into roast, coating all sides.
- Place roast in cooker.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the remaining soup mix over roast.
- Layer sliced onions on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining soup mix.
- Spoon cream soup over top.
- Cook low 8 to 10 hours.