My new favorite recipe for Spaghetti Sauce! The secret ingredient is.... roasted red bell peppers! Cooking Light adapted recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 14 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 1 3/4 pounds uncooked pasta)
- add 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- add 1 1/2 cups diced green bell peppers
- add cooking spray
- add 1 teaspoon dried basil
- add 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 large)
- add 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- add 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers
- add 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the meat in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain meat well, and set aside. Wipe out pan with a paper towel, and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the diced onion, diced bell peppers, mushrooms and minced garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini, and sauté 5 minutes. Drain vegetables. Return meat and vegetables to pan, and stir in dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook mixture over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add sugar, crushed and stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, and roasted red bell peppers to pan, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until sauce is thick. Serve the meat sauce over pasta.