I had to come up with this quick. Every Thanksgiving my mom serves Green Giant Niblets corn in butter sauce and I promised I would pick it up for her and bring it on Thanksgiving day. When I went to the store, they were sold out! I made this recipe and brought it already prepared to Thanksgiving dinner. Nobody was the wiser! I saved some money too, because I used store brand corn! This recipe makes a lot...you may want to half it.
- add 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen corn (yellow "or" shoepeg white, any brand)
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 cup water
- Add corn to large sauce pan along with all ingredients except water and cornstarch.
- Stir corn mixture over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Combine water and cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is disolved.
- Slowly add water to corn in sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir until sauce thickens.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, about 10 minutes.